How Mold Becomes Secondary Damage from a Water Loss Event in Rochester
Responding to Water Damage in Rochester Before Mold Can Grow
One of your highest priorities after your home in Rochester sustains water damage should be to ensure that no mold growth results from the incident. Fungal spores can make existing damage worse and introduce new problems to your home that require drastically different damage restoration strategies and safety precautions than a water damage problem without any mold growth. Although SERVPRO is available to help if mold does begin to grow, it should take us less time and money to repair and restore your home without fungi added into the mix. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to keep most mold from growing in your home.
Call Us Quickly
SERVPRO has adopted a strategy of 24/7 readiness to react to water damage in Rochester because faster responses correlate to easier restoration procedures and fewer complications from additional variables like mold. All types of mold need a source of water to grow, but if we can arrive on the site and dry your home out before spores ever get a chance to grow, the risk of developing a fungal problem drastically decreases.
Separate Wet Objects
One of your first reactions after your home receives water damage should be to find wet objects and fabrics and separate them from each other. This simple action promotes fast drying and eliminates one of the primary sources of mold growth in a water damaged home. For improved results, you can also move objects outside if the weather is warm and the sun is shining.
Be Aware of Time
If you discover long-term water damage, such as a leak or flood in an area of the home you don't usually go to, be sure to let us know over the phone that the issue could have been ongoing for a long time. These long-term problems often already support some amount of mold growth, and if our initial response comes prepared, we can take care of both issues at once.
SERVPRO of Dover-Rochester can handle any water damage crisis fast enough to avoid additional complications. Call us at (603) 743-4301.
Click here to read about the Old Allen School.